Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"Put the bunny down." (Con Air)

The other day Kat Tongg handed me a "Grammar & Proof Reading Class" pamphlet which is designed to improve speed and accuracy for proof reading materials. A small seminar for the low, low price of $125 or something.

Me being me, I joked to Kat about betting money if I found an error in the pamphlet. I start reading the first page and come across this:

"No longer do you have to spend hours spell-checking, or pore over countless grammar books trying to find the correct rule."

Not kidding. Right there on the front. I think I'll pass on the class. If you're still scratching your head on the error, the writers had a homophone problem. Pore vs. pour. [Ed. Note: My sister corrected my English terminology. I incorrectly used the term synonym instead of the correct term, homophone.]

They also abused the parentheses in the mailer. (Which was redundant; if you're going to have another sentence, write another sentence.)

No comments:

Post a Comment