Thursday, March 20, 2008

"I've got a bad feeling about this." (Star Wars)

Setting up new lights for Easter Sunday. Going smoothly, throwing a new profile here, not reading a disk (floppy) there, you know, all-around crunch-time madness. I tried uploading a new fixture (cough) LED (cough) to the board and it didn't work out as planned. It actually kinda crashed the board. The board froze on a "Can't-find-what-you-have-on-your-floppy" error, so I restarted the board. Up comes the error, which I find out from Zero88's web forum is the equivalent of the BSOD. Awesome. Just in time for Sunday. I have two options to fix the board. One involves a hefty shipping tag and a couple weeks. The other option involves tools and questionable stares from everyone.

Panic ensues.

Try the first recommended fix, doesn't work, call tech support (England), can't call overseas, email tech support (England's awake), get auto-response- OOF 'till 3/24, locate local vendors who may have a rental option, closed, call other places, closed but get a guy who's staying late, no board, get another alternative local, get call from local vendor providing options, check board, it's okay. Whiskey Tango.

So almost everything is up and running. I did a load test and nothing blew up, so I got that going for me. I would like to know who approved the tech guy's vacation on the week before Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment