Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"This is beyond my skill to heal." (Fellowship of the Ring)

So I began installation of a new hard drive, hoping to revive the machine to be usable. No dice. Two machines down. The time & effort spent trying to fix old machines aren't worth it, so Dell.com/outlet got a sale this morning.

This weekend I did two of my favorite things in one day: Church and racing. And then I slept for 12 hours. It was great.

Last night during the "Great HD Debacle '08" I had some "down-time" as I was waiting for the OS to install (those not understanding the abbreviations, please humor me). I checked some blogs, like Tony Morgan's and Kem Meyer's and Church Marketing Sucks. The funny part was my keyboard was currently in use in the rebuilding process, so I had to navigate the 'net with just my mouse. Six degrees of separation right there.

What I was stumbling upon with the new String Theory of Internet Travel was pretty profound, and I'm currently mulling over in my head some thoughts that are somewhat dangerous. It has to do with a recent study that was published, and I tried to drill down to the root cause of the results, and what I came up with I didn't like. So hopefully I'll be able to find a different explanation.

Or maybe it was because it was really late.

No comments:

Post a Comment