Friday, March 9, 2007

1 Count of Jealousy (Wild Hogs)

My work computer is set up with dual monitors. Mainly it's a cheaper alternative than using a huge 24" widescreen monitor. But maybe I'll upgrade later. If anyone spends a lot of time writing/designing or even working with spreadsheets, this is the only way to go.
Two monitors makes it easier to multitask. It's easier to copy and paste things or retype things in formats I can't copy. And if I want someone to take a quick read of a document I just typed, they can read it on one screen while I work on a different project on the other screen.
And for multimedia. I can run video podcasts or other longer videos on one side and my work on the other. It's a great setup.
Using Photoshop or Illustrator is great with two monitors (or even a large widescreen) because you can view a large page without it being obscured by the layer/colors/tools windows in the applications.

All in all I can't see going back to one monitor, unless it's a really large one. I'm thinking of maybe going to three, but that might be a bit of overload.

It's Ryan's b-day today. A big, hearty "ARRRRGGGGG" to RB.

No comments:

Post a Comment