Monday, March 5, 2007

I'm kind of a big deal (Ron Burgundy)

My pastor, Jeff Knight, returned from his excursion to the hub of NASCAR country, and he came out unscathed. Meaning he isn't saying "y'all" and still sounds like a Northwesterner. He had an awesome opportunity to drive a stock car around Atlanta Motor Speedway and tour a Nextel Cup garage. Pastor Jeff was joined by Roger Habich, a successful race driver in his own right (and my bro-in-law), and they saw just how large a Cup operation is. When you see how large your hobby can get, I think anyone would be impressed, myself included.

Other notes & rambling-
1) If a car has an auto-lowering power window, why can't it have an auto-up? (Scion, I'm talking to you). Yes, I own a Scion xB, which is affectionately referred to as the "toaster."
2) Paper towel dispensers should always be at an average height roughly 48 inches off the ground. High enough so really tall people don't have to stoop, but low enough that average people won't have water dripping down their sleeves waiting for the towels to come out. At The Rock Church, dispensers are at level where water won't drip down my sleeves as I wave my hand across the electric eye.
3) Music should be piped into bathrooms. Note I said music, not muzak. I think it's quite uncomfortable to do work when everything echoes and sometimes gets amplified. Other times I think it's hilarious; usually when I'm not the one in the stall.
4) Why are the milkshake machines at Burger King always broken?
5) Why do people like raisins in cinnamon rolls? Are they the ones who also like black licorice? Hu-ehh.
6) My sister recently had surgery on her foot and long story short, she has a little dolly for her casted leg to rest on while she tools about. She has two sons, so I'm sure that dolly is getting worked over in ways it was never designed for. It has a hand brake, too. I'm wondering how long until that dolly has a 50cc motor on it. And wheelie bars.
7) McDonald's is recruiting workers using the food bags. Why not skip a step and print the application directly on a bag that the potential employee can turn in?

No comments:

Post a Comment