Monday, September 17, 2007

"Unfortunately for you we aren't tested on tact or good manners." (Stranger Than Fiction)

Time management. Crucial phrase, since you can make more of everything except time. Being effective with time also prevents wasted effort. For example, I read a lot of different blogs, as long as they actually have descriptive content and are not a stream-of-conscious blurb. I don't have time to read two sentences about an experience walking down the street. I do have time to read a outlined process for focusing efforts to accomplish goals.

When I read this (go to 9/14), I was wondering, how would some people view the statement of #5: "Oh, in case you're wondering, I just did the math yesterday. We have 72 full-time and part-time staff members at NewSpring. And, we're averaging 7,300 people in attendance for the year. That means our attendance to staff ratio is about 100:1. How does that compare to your church?"

I think that this statement would be awesome as a full blog posting, or blog series, because some people may be wondering what Tony is saying. What does a staff-to-attendee ratio really mean? For number crunchers, a high ratio means lower church overhead. Or is the staff overworked trying to minister to a high ratio? Is there an "optimum" ratio?

No comments:

Post a Comment