Thursday, November 15, 2007

Less Clutter & Noise- Kem Meyer

Kem Meyer is the Communications Director for Granger Community Church in Indiana. She has some excellent insight into keeping things in perspective.

Here's today's topic: Desks & Clutter. Look at your desk, or table, or wherever you do the majority of your work. Is it cluttered? Can you find stuff? Are things haphazardly strewn about? Finding bills from 3 or 4 months ago under your keyboard?

I try to put all my to-do's in a folder (binder actually) with my weekly schedule on the outside of the cover. I take this to meetings and let it dictate my weekly structure. Every Tuesday morning I write a new one. I leave room to jot in notes and the last minute projects.

That binder lives on my desk. As does my laptop, various projects, dropped off info and "requests", mints (out), phone, and my proofing work. On my walls I have a wide stretch of corkboard where I keep ideas, calendars, notes, cards and finished projects.

I also keep a section for "What never to do again" on my wall. Right now there is only one thing. I haven't printed out the other one. But let's say this: the proper way to spell "assess" is with four (4) 's', not 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment