Thursday, December 4, 2008

Things I like (Rebuttal)

So here's my (short) list of things I like:

1) Typography. Or in basic terms, I LIKE FONTS! I love the new trend in fonts going to Gotham family fonts. Like Starbucks moving to a Rockwell style to Gotham. Yes, I know Gotham family fonts look eerily similar to eye charts, but they just look awesome. It's kinda like watching Bob Ross. Mesmerizing.

2) Sharing knowledge. Participating in message board convos/blogs/twitter where I can share my experience and expertise (real or imagined) to those who ask for it. They may not always listen, but someone else might.

3) Rain. In select circumstances. Really cool to see powerful (yet non-dangerous) weather happening. Like at the ocean.

4) Thinking about things that have so much inertia, would I really be able to change it? Or other's perspective of "it"? Shifting paradigms is kinda cool if you think about it. Pun not intended.

5) Great TV shows. Studio 60 was one of them. I prefer smart and witty dialogue, with quick retorts. The writing that makes you do a double take or go back and view it again, because you missed it the first time.

6) The Interwebs. Intertubes. Al Gore's Ultimate Behemoth. WOPR. It's the access to information. I've become dependent on looking for additional information, even if it has no profound affect on what I'm doing. It's just too easy to find the right answer or information. Fail Whale. Rick Roll'd. Jump the shark. l337. ROFL copter. letmegooglethatforyou.com. Note: I only used one wikipedia reference.

7) imdb.com. 'Nuff said.

8) Being productive with tangible items. I like being able to see what I did. There is some sort of mechanism in me that gains satisfaction when something is actually done; I can see the result of my effort. I like the occasional retreat/tradeshow/corporate party, but constantly having long meetings that impact my production end up not on this list. But note they didn't fall on my other list, either.

9) Being honest with my knowledge. If I don't know the answer, or know I don't have all the information/skills/tools, I like to think that I divulge my level of knowledge in the particular arena. One, it provides a clear understanding of my own current knowledge and where I need to focus learning. Two, it prevents down-the-line problems like "You said you could do this." Three, I don't spout off something I think is right, someone Googles it and finds the right answer.

10) Bismark doughnuts. The ones with custard filling. Mmmm. Wish I could eat them everyday without penalties. That's why they still remain a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment