Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Do you take requests?

Caught this Honda Civic commercial during the playoffs (pardon the ignorance, I don't waste time sitting in front of a television. I waste it sitting in front of the interwebs).

I thought it was creative. I thought it would be really sweet if they did the William Tell Overture (Lone Ranger theme), or something a bit harder (AC/DC, maybe?). Add in a bass line by cutting the lane down the middle- left side would carry one part, the right the other.

Then I thought more about the ability to hear the tune inside the car. When I'm driving, I have my own music I listen to. And isn't a "quiet ride" part of the expected quality of a car? Perhaps not Civics. Which leads me to my next idea- having a luxury car maker (Infiniti comes to mind first) that spoofs the ad by having its own luxury car travel down the same road, and not hear the tune. In all likelihood you would still hear the road song, but creative sound editing is not foreign to car advertisements.

Here's the commercial:

No comments:

Post a Comment